The public transportation system in Dubai is good enough that many people prefer to use metro buses to reach their destinations instead of using their own car. The NOL cards are used in Dubai to travel through public transports. People can add balance to these NOL cards for traveling wherever they want. The NOL cards are available at all metro stations and people can easily buy it from RTA agents or local authorities. There a various types of NOL cards used by the UAE citizens, here is the list:
- Gold Nol card
- Silver Nol card
- Blue Nol card
- Red Nol card
- Customized card
- Personal cards
Learn more about Nol card types on RTA’s website.
More than 1.5 million transactions have been made through these cards for traveling services and other traveling expenses.
How Much NOL Card Costs?
You can purchase your NOL card for only 25 Dirhams, the original cost of the card is 6 Dirham while 19 Dirhams are added as your card balance.
You can enjoy your hassle-free journey at public transports. There is no need to pay in cash if you own an NOL card, just swipe the card and your transport fare will be deducted from your card balance.
How To Check NOL Card Balance?
There are various simple methods to check your NOL card balance. If you are a smartphone user then you can use first method for you ease otherwise the second one is quicker.
Check Nol Balance From RTA Mobile App
- Download and open “RTA Dubai” application from play store or app store. You can download it from play store by clicking here.
- Once the application is successfully installed, open it in your mobile device.
- After opening the RTA Dubai app, you will see various options. Select “Public Transport” by swiping right on your device.
- Now you will see your nearest metro bus station location and distance. Scroll down and find “Check NOL Balance” option.
- Upon clicking this option, it will ask you for “NOL tag ID”. The NOL ID is mentioned on the backside of your card. Just put your NOL ID and then click “View Balance”. Upon clicking, you will see your NOL card balance in Dirham currency
Check Nol Balance From RTA Website
- Go to the following link on RTA official website by clicking here.
- Now you will see “Check NOL Balance” option in a blue box as shown in the screenshot.
- Click the “Check NOL Balance Box” and put your NOL ID present on the back of your NOL card.
- Now click the search” button and solve the captcha box.
- After captcha verification, you will see your balance updated on the website page.
Check Nol balance through NFC Technology
Many android and smartphone devices offer NFC technology. You first have to install RTA app and then go to Dubai Metro, Dubai trams and local buses section for checking your available NOL card balance.
Vist www.nol.ae and head towards the e-services menu. You can add your Nol tag number to check your transactions history and current balance by using Nol e-services.
RTA Customer Support
If you are facing some issues with your Nol card or you are unable to check your balance then the best solution is to call RTA customer support at 800 9090. The RTA customer support teams are available 24/7 and you can ask them your remaining Nol balance by giving them Nol tag number.
You must maintain a minimum balance of 7.5 AED to use RTA transport services. There are different cards having different top-up limits.
Nol Cards top-up Limits
Here are the top-up limits of various Nol cards. You can choose one based on your daily travel requirements and expenses.
|Card Type||Top-up limit||Validity Period|
|Gold Card||AED 500||5 Years|
|Silver Card||AED 1000||5 Years|
|Personal Card||AED 5000||5 Years|
|Red Card||Can be used for maximum of 10 journeys or 5 daily passes||90 Days|
|Customized Card||AED 1000||5 Years|
The children who are under the age of 5 do not need any separate Nol card for traveling.
Nol card is very useful in Dubai to pay metro, buses and even taxi fares. You no more need to carry cash for your transport. You can just swipe the card and your fares will be automatically deducted from your Nol wallet. The top-up is also easy, you can do it yourself.